Weekly Update 3-20-17 to 3-26-17

The big push this week was to get the Sharkduino V2.2s ordered. I finalized the designs, assembled the shopping lists and began the process of getting everything bought. This took longer than normal because I am buying parts to build 12 new Sharkduinos, and as such this is expensive and it is important I get everything right on the first try.

In addition to ordering, I got some work done with the heat shrink waterproofing. I finally got the heat shrink tests I put in VIMS back, and everything worked out great. We put 3 tubes with paper towels under the water, and floated a fourth tube with a Sharkduino taking data on the surface of the water. Everything stayed dry and we got some good data from the floating shark duo. Additionally the Sharkduino collected data for approximately 7 days giving us a true proof of the concept that the device works as intended outside of the lab.

heat shrink after the VIMS water test

heat shrink after the VIMS water test

Finally this week I assembled a new Sharkduino V2.1. This finished off my parts from my last order of Sharkduino hardware, so I am waiting on the new stuff to come in before anything else comes in. I also got lucky on the build. Two of the pins on the gyro ended up with a solder bridge between them, but they are no connection pins and them being shorted does not seem to be affecting the gyro. This is the first fully function Sharkduino V2.1, as the last one had problems with the gyroscope that made it unusable.